Quick post: ~ Potato Soup ~
This comes to save me when I really need a break from my kitchen. Very easy to make and totally comfy!
Have it with grilled sour dough bread, which is a perfect match to this flavorful and cheesy potato soup.
Total time: About 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) + 1 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped shallots/onions
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley + more to garnish
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning herbs (Combination of basil, oregano and what not)
- ½ cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese (I used jalapeño cheddar cheese) + more to garnish
- 1 can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
In a large pot, heat EVOO and butter over low heat. Add chopped shallots and ½ tsp of salt to it. Sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat. After 5 minutes add chopped celery and cook for few more minutes. Stir often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Now add chopped potatoes, cauliflower florets, 1/4 cup of parsley, Italian seasoning and cream of mushroom soup along with 2 cups of water. Mix well, cover and simmer gently on medium-low until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Now partially mash them using your potato masher. (And if you like smooth soup you can even blend it with hand-held blender/mixer). I like chunky soups!!
Remove from heat. Add cheese and rest of the parsley. Season, to taste, with salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and do not forget to taste it before you serve.
Serve into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and 1/2 tablespoon of sharp cheddar cheese. Serve with grilled SOUR DOUGH bread and butter!
Trust me on this combination you will thank me later. Enjoy!!