Cake Clusters with POM and Chia seeds n Happy Valentine’s day!
Valentine’s Day is celebrated all over the world to celebrate the LOVE. While growing up, there was something fascinating about this Valentine’s Day and the tradition behind it. I mean who doesn’t love Love right? Especially those beautiful gifts, flowers, chocolates, greetings and what not. But then the time flew by and now here I wonder why people just celebrate LOVE on this special day ONLY? Why do they make such a big deal about it (includes me too)? But on the second thought I hear myself answering that may be because people get too busy in their life that they always need a reminder or an occasion just to stop for a second (or a day), breathe and celebrate with their loved ones. Just like Christmas n Thanksgiving. Isn’t it? Aaah, so I think it’s good to celebrate such days to appreciate what we have in our life. Right?
So today, here I am celebrating my Valentine’s Day with my Valentine Mr.V. What’s special going on? Nothing, really! We just want to keep it simple. Mr.V has been really really busy lately but he still managed to get me flowers yesterday night, I loved the gesture. And in return I am making Mr.V extra special fancy Italian dinner tonight. We do not want to go out to eat, first of all because there’s no time for that and secondly, we really want to just enjoy each other’s company – no driving, no waiting in the line or nothing. And anyhow Mr.V will prefer my cooking over any restaurant food. So that’s our plan.
But hey, how can I miss a chance to make something special? As I said we just need a reason. So I have made these Cake Clusters that are heart healthy, full of antioxidants and Omega-3. This is a really versatile recipe and hey you know the best part of it, it gets ready in just 15 MINUTES. Yup, you heard me right – Just 15 minutes. All you need is good quality dark chocolate and some cake if you have on hand and literally put in whatever you like(or your valentine). Melt it, mix it, scoop it, freeze it and serve. Tadaaaa!
Cake Clusters with POM and Chia seeds!
Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: A dozen
- 6 oz good quality dark chocolate
- ½ cup POM seeds
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Organic Chia seeds
- ½ cup Chocolate cake
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- A pinch of Nutmeg powder
- Chop the chocolate finely so it melts quickly.
- Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, melt chocolate in microwave on medium power (mine was on 50) for 1 ½ to 2 minutes stirring in between. Or melt it using double boiler method on stove top. Remember, if you are using double boiler method; add in more time to the procedure. About 10 minutes.
- While it’s melting, prepare the other ingredients that you want to put in – Crumb the cake, slice almonds, remove POM seeds etc…
- When chocolate is melted completely, add in all the ingredients at once. Mix well and scoop out a tablespoon of mixture on baking sheet. Garnish with some POM seeds n almonds. Refrigerate it for at least 10 minutes. And it’s ready! Now how easy is that?
Serve it for dessert, enjoy as afternoon snack or give as gift. Everyone will appreciate these gourmet chocolate cake clusters. Happy Valentine’s day to you and your loved one. Enjoy!
Question: Do you celebrate Valentine’s day?
Looks delish …you guys sure had great time it seems …
Don’t see any posting on Facebook!! Did you guys quit on Facebook?
Ah, delicious + unique. The 1/2 cup chocolate cake is pre-made cake? Great way to use leftover cake! If you have any 🙂
Thanks Joyti! Yes I used leftover chocolate cake in this recipe.
Great photo of you and the Mr., Grishma. We also stay at home on Valentines and have a nice dinner in with a movie and we talk. I just love it. Your use of the leftover cake is such a great tip. Thanks and Happy February.
how come i never visited this space. such a stunner your clicks are…lovely recipes and gorgeous presentation. love this cake cluster recipe. would make it for my sonny boys.
Love those colors….gorgeous!