Layered Mexican dip with a product review and a Giveaway!
This Contest is now closed. And the winners are
Claudia – Comment #43
Jennifer – Comment #40 replacing
La Tanya – Comment #9
Julie – Comment #68
COngratulations! Winners have 24 hours to get back to me. Or else I will have to pick another winner.
Yet another giveaway time🙂.The birthday celebration continues with the most trusted Wholly guacamole giveaway!
Yup, this giveaway is sponsored by Wholly guacamole. I will get back to the giveaway in a while. At first let’s talk about how I ended up with 10 delicious packages of Wholly products at my door.
Somewhere in March, I entered one of the giveaways on my friend Katie’s blog and luckily I was the winner of 10 packets of Wholly products. Take a look at the variety of products I received. Few packets are still left in my freezer.
I always loved Wholly products so it was a perfect treat for me BUT the only question was what will I do with all this guacamole. I mean I do love avocado and I am crazy for guacamole but too much of everything is just too much, isn’t it?
But thanks to Wholly guacamole that I can freeze their guacamole and salsa. And when I need it, just take one package out, defrost and enjoy. So convenient. You know what is the best thing to like about Wholly? You do not taste preservative at all. Because it is made of all natural ingredients – just like homemade.
Coming back to the recipe – This Mexican dip is one of the staple evening snacks in my house. It always makes a nice appetizer and guests love it. Healthy, flavorful, easy to make and crowd pleased! Two thumbs up!
Layered Mexican Dip
Yields: 6 individual cups or 9″ pie plate
Total time: Less than 30 minutes
- 1 can Organic kidney beans or re fried beans
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Zest of one Lime
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup Wholly Salsa
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole
- 1 chopped Tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion/Green onion
- 1/2 cup Sliced and drained black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 2/3 cup Shredded Mexican Cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mash beans using potato masher or fork. In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté garlic for a minute. Add mashed beans along with taco seasoning mix, some salt, ½ cup of water and cook for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, let it cool down completely before serving. (Add more water if needed).
- Make lime seasoned Greek yogurt: In a bowl mix low-fat Greek yogurt, lime zest and a tsp of lime juice. Keep it aside.
How to assemble:
Makes 6 servings in individual cups, follow the steps mentioned below. If you prefer, you can even layer out everything in a 9”pie plate.
- Layer a big spoon of everything on the. Start with beans, seasoned yogurt, salsa, guacamole and chopped vegetables and cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.
Wholly Guacamole is generous enough to giveaway 3 VIP Coupons for FREE Wholly Guacamole products for 3 lucky Winners. So if you are one of the winner, they will ship you 3 VIP coupons with some of their cute goodies.
This giveaway is open for USA residents only. If you live outside the USA, and if you still wish to enter, you have to provide USA address where they can ship the price pack.
This giveaway is open until Thursday (5/31/12) 11:59:59 pm (your time). I will pick three lucky winners on Friday (06/01/12). Because of Memorial day long weekend holiday here in USA, I am extending the giveaway deadline for another week. Now the giveaway is open until Thursday (06/07/12) 11:59 pm (your time). I will pick three lucky winners on Friday (06/08/12).
The winner will have 24 hours to get back to me so make sure to leave a valid email address. Your information is confidential.
I will use the random number generator software to pick the winners. So if you choose to go for extra entries, make sure to leave separate comments for each entry. Otherwise the number generator software will not recognize your entry.
Mandatory entry: Just leave a comment in this post.
Optional entries: Make sure to leave separate comments for each step you follow.
Remember to leave a separate comment for every step.
- Subscribe to ZaikaZabardast so you do not miss a single post. (You don’t want to miss a post if you are the winner, do you? Go Subscribe!)
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Like my Facebook page.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Follow Wholly Guacamole on Twitter.
- Folly Wholly Guacamole on Facebook.
- Tweet about this giveaway saying: “I just entered to win Free Wholly Guacamole products from ZaikaZabardast http://wp.me/pTI6E-t1@zaikazabardast @eatwholly” or something like that.
Other OPEN Giveaways to enter: