Pan fried Bruschetta with Thai chutney and another giveaway!
This Contest is now closed. And the winner is,
Amishi – Comment #7
Congratulations! Winner have 24 hours to get back to me. Or else I will have to pick another winner.
It’s a Giveaway time – AGAIN! Birthday celebration continues with my another promised giveaway! And this time, It is a box full of fresh, beautiful and carefully grown the famous Lipman tomatoes! Do I even need to mention that this giveaway is sponsored by Lipman tomatoes? Yup, it is. So generous. Thank you Lipman! I will get back to giveaway details in a while. At first let’s talk about what I made of these beautiful tomatoes!
Do you remember my post about Tiamo tarts that I made using Lipman tomatoes? So this time I have made Thai tomato chutney using their gorgeous, delicious cherry tomatoes and used it on my all time favorite snack – Bruschetta.
Bruschetta! Pan fried baguette in EVOO/butter or both, rubbed with garlic and topped with the toppings you like…mmmm the best! There might be many ways to make bruschetta but I prefer pan-fried method over oven toasted. Have you seen this movie Julie and Julia? Oh, of course you did, if you love food. It is my all time favorite movie. If you remember in that movie, Julie replicates Julia’s recipe of bruschetta using pan-fried method and from that day I am a fan of making bruschetta this way.Yup, I noticed!
Pan frying makes a whole lotta difference in the world. Believe me! Do try it yourself.
Here’s how to make Pan fried bruschetta!
- 1 French baguette, sliced ½ – ¾ inch thick diagonally
- 3 Tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp butter (Optional use EVOO instead)
- 3 big cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese (I used tiny mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup Thai tomato chutney (Recipe follows)
- In a separate bowl, mix mozzarella cheese with Thai chutney and keep aside.
- In a large non-stick pan/skillet, heat EVOO along with butter(if using or else more EVOO) and toast the bread slices on both sides, until you get nice golden color.
- Remove the bread from the pan and immediately carefully rub the garlic clove over the hot bread. Use paper towel if required to hold the hot bread slice. This way hot bread will soak the garlic flavor in to it and gives it amazing flavor. Believe me, it really makes whole lotta difference.
- Arrange bread slices in a serving platter and top each one with a chutney/cheese mixture. Garnish with few julienned basil leaves and enjoy!
This chutney is out of the world. Made with delicious Lipman cherry tomatoes and packed with refreshing Thai flavors. Bit tangy, bit sweet and bit spicy. All in one byte. It is absolutely delicious.
- 1 pint Lipman Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped Lemon grass
- ½ Tbsp Galangal/Ginger
- 2 Tbsp chopped Onion/Shallots
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped Thai Basil
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red crushed pepper to taste
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium heat. Add lemon grass and galangal and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Add chopped shallot/onion and garlic. Season with some salt and pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add whole cherry tomatoes, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, lime juice and lime zest.
- Mix, cover and cook for about 10–15 minutes or until thickened. You do not want too thick or too watery chutney. So cook accordingly. Stir in between.
- Let it cool down a bit and grind in food processor. Just for few times. We want chunky chutney not puree.
Now let’s talk about giveaway.
Lipman tomatoes is giving away One box full of different tomatoes that they grow in their field. Different verity includes their most famous Tiamos, cherry, Jewel, Roma and Heirloom tomatoes. I do not know exact quantity but it’s a lot that’s all I can say.
Here’s how you can enter:
This giveaway is open for USA residents only.
This giveaway is open until Thursday (5/31/12) 11:59:59 pm (your time). I will pick one lucky winner on Friday (06/01/12).
Because of Memorial day long weekend holiday here in USA, I am extending the giveaway deadline for another week. Now the giveaway is open until Thursday (06/07/12) 11:59 pm (your time). I will pick one lucky winner on Friday (06/08/12).
The winner will have 24 hours to get back to me so make sure to leave a valid email address. Your information is confidential.
I will use the random number generator software to pick the winner. So if you choose to go for extra entries, make sure to leave separate comments for each entry. Otherwise the number generator software will not recognize your entry.
Mandatory entry: Just leave a comment in this post.
Optional entries: Make sure to leave separate comments for each step you follow.
Remember to leave a separate comment for every step.
- Subscribe to ZaikaZabardast so you do not miss a single post. (You don’t want to miss a post if you are the winner, do you? Go Subscribe!)
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Like my Facebook page.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Follow Lipman Tomatoes on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway saying: “I just entered to win a box full box of awesome lipman tomatoes from ZaikaZabardast http://wp.me/pTI6E-sI @zaikazabardast @lipman_produce” or something like that.
Other OPEN Giveaways to enter: