Hubby’s favorite Orange custard for Valentine’s day!
Since childhood Valentine’s day has always been very fascinating to me. I just love all the special chocolates, flowers, greeting cards, and happy faces. Special things for special day. Love is Such a beautiful feeling, isn’t it? So today I am sharing one of our all time favorite dessert “Orange custard”. V LOVES it. So today’s post is dedicated to him and his love. Love u V!
Yields: 4 servings
Total time: 2 hours includes chilling time
- 3 Tbsp Vanila flavored custard powder
- 1 liter/quart/ 4 cups of 2% low-fat milk
- ½ to ¾ cup of Granulated sugar
- Zest of two oranges
- Juice of one orange
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups of chopped fruit – Banana, Orange, Strawberry, Grapes, Apples whatever you have available
- ½ cup heavy cream (Optional)
- In a heavy bottom pan pour 90% of milk and let it boil on medium heat. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Mix custard powder in the remaining milk and stir well. We do not want any lumps. Add this to boiled milk while keep stirring.
- Add orange zest, vanilla syrup and sugar to this milk/custard mixture. Keep stirring to prevent burning, switch off the flame when it starts to thicken.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour after it comes to room temperature.
- Add heavy cream along with orange juice and chopped fruits right before serving.
- Serve chilled and enjoy! See how easy it was!
Enjoy this lovely day with your loved one with lots of good food and good time 🙂