Broccoli-pistachio soup with avocado! Comfy and the Best :)
Broccoli – Some likes it, some hates it. For me, I never liked this weird-looking green head vegetable until I had fried broccoli stuffed pita bread at one of our favorite restaurants in Pocatello. mmm that was GOOD! I fell in love with broccoli after that.
These days I am making soups quiet frequently, thanks to Nashville’s chilly/rainy weather. Some days are just so beautiful with long hours of sunshine and some are gloomy, depressing with no sunshine at all. And this type of weather demands for a bowl of comfy soup that gets ready in less than 30 minutes.
So far I have tried and failed to find the perfect recipe of broccoli soup. BUT my search ends here thanks to sixcoursedinner. His amazing creamy looking soup convinced me to try it and I am glad I did. This recipe is simple, quick and super healthy.
A perfect weekday meal. Make big batch of it, store it in refrigerator for a week and enjoy all week along. Or just make it fresh eveytime because it is so quick to make.
Here I present you my modified version of the best Broccoli soup recipe! It is the best!
Broccoli-pistachio soup with Avocado
Adapted from sixcoursedinner.com but MODIFIED as per my taste and what I had available
Total time: less than 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 HUGE head of organic Broccoli (About 4 to 5 cups of florets)
- ¾ cup of roasted Pistachios + ¼ cup to garnish
- 1 big ripe firm Avocado – chopped/sliced (leave some out to garnish) *
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups of Organic vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- Low-fat Ricotta cheese to garnish
- Heat Olive oil in a saucepan to a medium heat.
- Add broccoli florets and cook until bright green. I allowed mine to get bit burnt for some charred taste. Choice is yours.
- Add some chopped garlic and ¾ cup of roasted pistachios. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Pour vegetable stock and cover the saucepan. Cook for about 10 minutes or just until the broccoli is tender.
- Purée the soup in blender in small batches and purée well I mean really WELL to get smooth, silky, creamy texture. Also do not forget to add avocado while pureeing. Avocado will add extra creaminess and will make soup even more delicious. Add Avocado while pureeing only.
- Return pureed soup to the saucepan and let it simmer on low heat for few minutes (3 to 4 minutes). Or heat it up when you are ready to serve.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add a Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garnish with one floret of broccoli, a few pistachios, a TBsp of ricotta, some chunks of avocado and few drops of olive oil.
- Enjoy with sliced toasted bread.