Few resolutions and lots of goals!
It’s already a second week of 2012…wow…first one is already gone! So quick! How was your first week of 2012? Did you make any resolutions? I know resolutions are supposed to be made on the first day of New Year…but I wanted to take it slow. Did not wanted to hurry, you know!
So here’s the thing, Every year I make resolutions and most of the time I fail to achieve them…shhhhh I just told you my secret…oops!!But this year it’s different. After giving it some serious thinking, I jotted down “the list of things” that I really want to accomplish in 2012. And this year I am determined to check them
off my list!!
So what if my list is prettyyyyy long (Oh yeah, it’s long), I think with some motivation and support I can do it. Yes,
we I can! (Love it when OBAMA says it!).
First of all, what is my resolution? My resolution this year is to “Stick to my Resolutions”!! And here “the list” begins…
Few personal resolutions:
- Call my parents twice a week and stay connected. (I am very bad at this, sometimes I will call them once in 10 days and then I will feel guilty) But no more guilty, I am going to call them twice a week. That’s it.
- Start doing Meditation: For my peace of mind. (Much needed).
- Volunteer : It’s good to give back, isn’t it?
Some health related resolutions:
- I want to start “Juice cleanse fast” once every two months. Yup! Following the new trend!! It’s a method of detoxification. Have you ever done that? I will appreciate your suggestions.
- Use more organic products (If affordable).
- Eat at least ONE fruit a day – sounds weird but I just do not like to eat raw fruit. Although I can eat fruit crisps which is full of sugar😦 But NO, I want to change it. A fruit a day, YES!
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day – I just drink 3-4 glasses of water a day that’s all. Need to change my habit.
- Eat more salads and soups.
- Motivate myself to EXERCISE. My last year’s resolution that I failed to do😦
And some blog related resolutions:
- Participate in Daring bakers and Daring cooks challenge EVERY month. That means two new challenges every month. How exciting and challenging!!
- Set up a photo studio at affordable price, try it if it works and if not THEN buy one. I want to shoot at night. So much-needed!
- Post more recipes. At least 10 a month.
- Cook/bake from the cookbooks and magazines that are piled up and I haven’t used them in years.
Now here are some of the cooking and baking goals that will help me achieve my blog related resolutions.
- Learn how to cook an artichoke – Yup, never done that so I want to learn how to cook that big flower type looking vegetable.
- Make vegetarian sushi. Not a big fan of it but want to try it.
- Try new vegetables like fennel, leek, kale, brussel sprouts etc… in my everyday cooking.
- Make homemade cheese like Ricotta/Mozzarella cheese…may be goat cheese. Fun!
- Tamales – How is it? I know what it is but never had it. How is it??
- Make perfect Mo-mos/Dumplings (It’s harder than u think!)
- Make homemade pasta (Any type) including stuffed ravioli…no eggs!
- Bake Eggless pound cake – read again I said EGGLESS
- Make an Ice-cream cake….mmmm
- Learn how to make a perfect bread – that includes French baguette, Regular wheat bread, Regular white bread, bread rolls and Sour dough bread etc…
- Make perfect Eggless Tiramisu (That means I even have to bake eggless ladyfingers)
- Make perfect looking beautiful and healthy Fruit charlotte
- Make soft, yummy, filled and plain eggless doughnuts – yes, EGGLESS
- Make stuffed Cannoli without using eggs and lard
- Make vegetarian fondant and make decorate beautiful cakes, cupcakes and possibilities are endless.
Pheewww…. That’s it I guess! Now it’s time to get back into an action so I can check them
So what do you think? Hey what are your resolutions and goals? Share it with me! May be we can help each other.