Mediterranean pasta salad
This Mediterranean pasta salad is perfect for summer. Easy to make and kid-friendly too! And I must say that this is one of my all time favorites. I can eat it all day around. It’s delicious when it’s hot but it’s even more delicious when it is cold. Perfect for all weathers. So here you go!
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 Cups Gemili pasta (I strongly recommend this one because it has unique flavor of its own but if you cannot find it you can use tricolor rotini pasta, or fusilli)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can 14 oz. Organic Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts - chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley / 2 tsp. Dried parsley plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves – roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons halved Kalamata olives or black olives
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and a Tbsp of EVOO to it. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, Keep it aside. (Or just follow direction on your package).
- Meanwhile while your pasta is cooking, put 2 Tbsp of EVOO in a pan on medium heat and sauté diced shallots, season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chopped garlic and sauté for just 30 seconds. Do not let it cook for longer because you do not want to lose garlic flavor.
- Now add Garbanzo beans and let it cook for 5 more minutes. After 5 minutes add chopped artichoke hearts, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes. Let it cook for 7 more minutes so all the flavors from artichokes and tomatoes will get into Garbanzo beans.
- Now it’s time to add cooked pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt (If needed) and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Mix it nicely so it covers all the pasta, now add feta cheese, olives and mix nicely again!!
- Now time to taste and adjust salt amount!! It’s ready to serve. But remember to garnish with some feta cheese, some parsley and some freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Serve hot or cold….It’s enjoyable either way. Perfect for winter and summer!!
So including preparation and cooking time it takes about 20 minutes…not bad at all for a healthy home cooked meal!! What say?